Welcome to the Rhode Island Comprehensive Assessment System (RICAS) Resource Center. This site provides access to test administration information, training, practice tests, and other resources to help schools and districts prepare for and administer the RICAS tests.
- Guidelines for Using Assistive Technology as a RICAS Test Accommodation - Updated March 2022
- User Role Matrix - Updated March 2022
- PAN Dashboards Module - Updated March 2022
- RICAS Test Coordinator's Manual, Grades 3-8 - Updated February 2022
- RICAS Test Administrator's Manual, Grades 3-8 Computer-Based Tests - Updated February 2022
- RICAS Test Administrator's Manual, Grades 3-8 Paper-Based Tests - Updated February 2022
- Best Practices for RICAS CBT Set-Up, Administration, and Troubleshooting - Updated February 2022
- Proctor Cache Recommendation for CBT Testing - Updated February 2022
- Infrastructure Trial Readiness Guide - Updated February 2022
- Guide to the Student Registration/Personal Needs Profile (SR/PNP) Process - Updated November 2021
Sign in to PearsonAccessnext to manage test administration tasks, such as student registrations, user accounts, and monitoring online testing.
Access technology requirements and user guides.
Test Administration Guidance
Access the Test Coordinator's Manual, Test Administrator's Manuals, policy memos, and other resources.
Access short training modules that provide a step-by-step walk-through on using PearsonAccess Next and tasks for computer-based testing.
Student Tutorial & Practice Tests
Access resources for educators to prepare students for testing: the student tutorial for CBT and practice tests for CBT and PBT.
Access released items from the spring grades 3-8 RICAS ELA and Mathematics assessment.
RICAS Service Center
Access the RICAS Service Center website to complete the Principal's Certification of Proper Test Administration (PCPA), to order additional materials, and to schedule UPS pickup (PBT only).